(This job description does not constitute a contract of any kind.)
Title: PIPEFITTER, GAS
Reports To: Foreman
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-Exempt
Primary Function: DOT OQ Gas Pipeline qualified and experienced in the use of all types of fusion equipment and pipefitting procedures. Functions as a technical crew member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list is an outline of duties and responsibilities attached to this position. It is understood that this list is intended to be representative of the functions that may reasonably be expected of the position. It is not intended to be comprehensive.
1. Practice a “safety comes first” attitude by following Joy, DOT and OSHA regulations.
2. Assist crew in manual work in various ways to maintain job progress.
3. Thread pipe by using a threading machine or hand threader.
4. Assemble and install a variety of metal and polyethylene pipe and pipe fittings as necessary to complete installation.
5. Join piping by means of threaded, fusion, coupling or other means as approved by customer. Secure pipes to structure with clamps, brackets and hangers.
6. Inspect and test piping system for leaks.
7. If driving a Company vehicle, operate it in a safe and skilled manner in accordance with Driver Handbook. DOT physical required. Pre- and post-trip inspections are performed daily. Vehicle is maintained and kept clean and organized.
8. May perform additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Qualified in plastic pipe joining, pipefitter, and covered tasks associated with natural gas replacement work. 2 to 3 years experience required. Proficient communication skills required. General knowledge of construction and/or utility construction is necessary.
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.