Click in the link below:
Employment Assessment Questionnaire
(This job description does not constitute a contract of any kind)
Title: Gas Foreman
Reports To: Division Manager
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
Primary Function: Supervise and coordinate the work of crew leaders making sure jobs are completed on budget and on time in a safe and profitable manner.
Testing Requirements: For the Gas Division there is OQ Testing required during the application process and throughout your career working in the gas division.
- Productivity and Safety – 70%
- Consistently meet the labor, time and other budgetary time goals of each project for which you are assigned. (MFM)
- Work on the job site, primarily on the key accountabilities described below; however, provide labor assistance and operate machinery as needed.
- Lead with a safety mindset and maintain safety as a top priority in all facets of your work and supervisory responsibilities.
- Utilize and apply strong knowledge of shoring and trench safety.
- Plan ahead, stay organized and plan for the next morning each day.
- Keep track of the plans, sites, materials, and everything needed to “stay ahead of the job.”
- Shoot grades, layouts/read blueprints
- Conducts daily Safe Production Plan (SPP) and weekly toolbox talks with crew
- Leadership and Management – 25%
- Provide strong management skills at all levels and people involved with projects.
- Supervise the team and subcontractors on the job.
- Use a “player coach” approach to teach, motivate, and develop crew, as well as promote and implement Lean Six Sigma ideas and methodology, maintaining safety at all times.
- Provide fair and consistent reward and discipline. Complete yearly performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Relationship Management and Communication – 5%
- Recognize various leadership styles and communicate appropriately with diplomacy to all internal and external people tied to the project.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Attend all mandatory company meetings and timely relay information to crews.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Educational and experience requirements include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Required minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise groups essential.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
- Testing is required for all employees in the gas division due to the danger of the job. Washington Gas requires all employees in the gas division to have a certain number of OQ’s for each position.
- Foreman are required to have passed 47 OQ tests
- Testing is required during the candidate’s application process. Applicant must test on the first Wednesday or Third Friday of every month.
- All of the OQ testing is in English. Due to the dangers of working with natural gas, BF Joy is not legally allowed to provide a translator for anyone taking the OQ tests.
Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.
BENEFITS WE OFFER:
- A competitive base rate to commensurate with experience
- Paid Time Off: Vacation and Holidays
- Medical / Dental / Vision Insurance
- Short-term and Long-term disability
- Life insurance
- Supplemental Insurance(s)
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional development opportunities