Reporting to the PDC & Manufacturing Support Manager, the Forklift Quality and Support Technician is responsible for supporting the PDC operations. The core responsibilities include: ensuring Manitou Quality standards are being maintained, providing technical support, technical problem investigation and resolution
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Trains subcontractor for Arrival/final inspections on Manitou equipment.
- Assist PDC operators during new option installation.
- Troubleshoot defective units, define repair parts list and organize the repair.
- Verify the compatibility of the kits and suggest adjustment accordingly.
- Supports product evolution training and associated documentation.
- Prepare or modify option assembly instruction.
- Control the Quality of the product before delivery to the dealers.
- Act as liaison between SIOP, Product-support and Marketing department for related issues or relevant topics.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
EXPERIENCE/ EDUCATION :
- Position requires a high school degree. College, vocational or technical educational degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 2/3+ years’ experience preferably in a heavy industrial manufacturing environment.
- Candidate must possess a solid working knowledge of machine systems, such as hydraulics, electronics or electrical, and mechanical.
- Significant background in mobile equipment troubleshooting.
- Ease to understand technical documentation about electric and hydraulics mainly.
- Ability to create adapted training documentation depending on the category of user.
- Excellent communication, and capacity to train people.
- Ability to work in autonomy remotely from the main office.
- Ability to use ERP/ PLM / CAD software (viewer), and office suite.
- Internal: MHA, CEP, S&S Divisions and S&M Organization
- External: Subcontractors, dealers, suppliers
LOCALISATION AND TRAVEL EXPECTED :
- This position is located in Baltimore, MD.
- Up to 20% travel could be required for training and meetings.
- Candidate must be able to get a TWIC card to work at the port of Baltimore.