***********THIS JOB REQUIRES PRIOR EXPERIENCE WITH WET UTILITIES PIPE LAYING (NOT PIPE FITTERS)***********
Supervise and coordinate the activities of his/her crew (pipe layers, skilled laborers, operators, and labors). Trains and develops employees. Appropriately and professionally coaches employees to improve performance, quality, reliability and safety. Reviews performance, and makes recommendations on promotions/demotions, discipline, raises, hiring, termination, etc. NOTE: Must have a flexible schedule (make work irregular or odd hours in outdoor work sites, depending upon project needs or weather), including nights and weekends.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Determine schedules, sequences, and assignments for work activities, based on work priority, quantity of equipment and skill of personnel.
- Monitor employees' work levels and review work performance, recognizing and coaching as appropriate.
- Monitor tool and part inventories and their condition and maintenance to ensure adequate supplies, materials, tools, safe operating conditions and a safe work environment.
- Investigate and report accidents and injuries and prepare reports of findings.
- Recommend or initiate personnel actions, such as hires, promotions, transfers, discharges, and disciplinary measures.
- Compile operational and personnel records, such as time and production records, inventory data, repair and maintenance statistics, and test results.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate maintenance policies and procedures.
- Counsel employees about work-related issues and assist employees to improve their skills and performance.
- Examine objects, systems, or facilities, and analyze information to determine needed installations, services, or repairs.
- Conduct or arrange for worker training in safety, repair, and maintenance techniques, operational procedures, or equipment use.
- Knowledge of machines, equipment and tools, including appropriate use and basic maintenance.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, safety, quality control, basic cost drivers, and other techniques for maximizing efficiency.
- Knowledge of methods for training individuals and group.
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally in English (verbal, written, aural). Preferred: English/Spanish bilingual.
- Able to work cooperatively in teams and resolve basic conflicts with little or no assistance.
- Able to motivate, develop and direct people as they work, identifying the best people for tasks.
- Must have physical ability to stand strenuous and challenging work environment, with changing schedules, inclement weather, changing priorities, and even emergency situations.
- Able to work in deep excavations, confined spaces, at heights, in inclement weather.
- Able to manage one's own time and the time of others while dealing with competing deadlines and priorities.
- Flexible to work during odd hours, including overtime, night work and weekends.
- Able to perform detailed work and make effective decisions to maintain production, quality and safety under pressure and deadlines.
- Able to solve problems.
- Using experience, knowledge and judgment, able to work with minimum supervision.
- Basic knowledge of computers / mobile devices (used to track production, cost and payroll).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable performance of essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is…
- Required to continuously use vision abilities, including close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms; use fine motor coordination and eye-hand coordination to push/pull levers and apply pressure to control; utilize feet to press pedals; sit in static positions for long period of time.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear; lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds (with or without assistance) to demonstrate work to crews.
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee…
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to vibration, wet or humid conditions, heat, and other forms of inclement weather; is exposed to loud noise.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places or in excavations, and is exposed to fumes or particulates, chemicals, moving equipment, electricity.
Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities, Females, Disabled Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Total Civil Construction is proud to have a Drug-Free Workplace and participate in e-Verify.