Reports To: Superintendent
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
Primary Function: Supervise and coordinate the work of crew leaders making sure jobs are completed on budget and on time in a safe and profitable manner.
1. Productivity and Safety – 70%
- Consistently meet the labor, time and other budgetary time goals of each project for which you are assigned. (MFM)
- Work on the job site, primarily on the key accountabilities described below; however, provide labor assistance and operate machinery as needed.
- Lead with a safety mindset and maintain safety as a top priority in all facets of your work and supervisory responsibilities.
- Utilize and apply strong knowledge of shoring and trench safety.
- Plan ahead, stay organized and plan for the next morning each day.
- Keep track of the plans, sites, materials, and everything needed to “stay ahead of the job.”
- Shoot grades, layouts/read blueprints
- Conducts daily Safe Production Plan (SPP) and weekly toolbox talks with crew
2. Leadership and Management – 25%
- Provide strong management skills at all levels and people involved with projects.
- Supervise the team and subcontractors on the job.
- Use a “player coach” approach to teach, motivate, and develop crew, as well as promote and implement Lean Six Sigma ideas and methodology, maintaining safety at all times.
- Provide fair and consistent reward and discipline. Complete yearly performance reviews in a timely manner.
3. Relationship Management and Communication – 5%
- Recognize various leadership styles and communicate appropriately with diplomacy to all internal and external people tied to the project.
- Foster positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attend all mandatory company meetings and timely relay information to crews.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include:
- High school diploma or its equivalent
- Combination of technical training and/or experience
- Required minimum of 3-5 years supervisory experience in similar construction technology, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures
- Advanced understanding of construction scheduling, cost control and ability to control and supervise groups essential.
- Must have a current valid driver’s license.
Must be able to perform physical activities such as, but not limited, lifting materials and equipment (up to 70 pounds unassisted), standing, climbing, walking, or using hands to operate/handle tools.