Diagnoses and performs involved maintenance and repair on all types of vehicles and construction equipment.
II. Summary of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. General knowledge and ability to operate and maintain/repair various equipment including aerial devices, cranes, bulldozers, and various other machinery.
b. Assist lower/junior classified employees, coordinates and inspects work as required.
c. Inspects, diagnoses, performs general services and repairs including preventative maintenance to all types of motor vehicles, transportation, construction and related specialized equipment including new technology. (For example, HVAC, Fabrication)
d. Inspects and maintains safe work area/environment/tools and reports hazardous or abnormal conditions.
e. Accurately assists in issuance of orders and stock inventory as necessary.
f. May prepare and maintain various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance as required. Responsible for completing clerical and administrative functions as required.
g. Accountable for ensuring the security and use of all Company-owned tools and equipment aligned with Pepco Holdings programs and procedures.
h. Responsible for environmental compliance.
I. Maintain fuel island using appropriate service methods and procedures.
1. High School Diploma or equivalent, such as Technical Diploma in Mechanical repair
2. Must posses an active CDL license
Basic computer skills including use of the internet and email
3. Possess general knowledge of and the ability to read, analyze and interpret schematics to repair hydraulic, electrical and other technical diagnostic data ( eg., scan machines / scanners ).
4. Ability to provide on the job knowledge sharing as required.
5. Ability to effectively read, write, and communicate in English language.
6.Abiltiy and willingness to work at any and all Pepco work locations and shifts required.
7. Obtain ASE certification within 12 months of hire in the areas listed below:
Master Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technician series T1 through T8:
T1 Through T8:
T1- Gasoline Engine
T2- Diesel Engine
T3- Drive Train
T5- Suspension and Steering
T6- Electrical / Electronic System
T7- Heating, Ventilation, and air Conditioning ( HVAC)
T8- Preventive Maintenance Inspection