Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Fleet Technician A to join the staff at our Forestville MD location.
Diagnoses and performs involved maintenance and repair on all types of vehicles and construction equipment.
II. Summary of Duties
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Advanced knowledge and ability to operate and maintain/repair various equipment including aerial devices, cranes, bulldozers, and various other machinery.
b. Instructs/directs lower classified employees, coordinates and inspects work as required.
c. Inspects, diagnoses, performs general services and repairs including preventative maintenance to all types of motor vehicles, transportation, construction and related specialized equipment including new technology. (For example, HVAC, Fabrication)
d. Inspects and maintains safe work area/environment/tools and reports hazardous or abnormal conditions.
e. Accurately assists maintaining parts stockroom, issuance of orders and stock inventory as necessary.
f. May prepare and maintain various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance as required. Responsible for completing clerical and administrative functions, as required.
g. Accountable for ensuring the security and use of all Company-owned tools and equipment aligned with PHI programs and procedures.
h. Responsible for administration of environmental compliance.
i. Administer fuel island programs using appropriate service methods and procedures.
- High School Diploma or job related technical field or technical diploma in Mechanical repair or the equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, electrical and mechanical problems on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts)
- Extensive experience performing corrective and/or preventative maintenance on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Extensive experience operating all types of transportation and construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Experience demonstrating skill preparing and maintaining various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance, including completing administrative functions, as required
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and/or e-mail software
- Experience demonstrating skill meeting deadlines, while managing multiple priorities and implementing successful solutions in a constantly changing environment
- Experience demonstrating skill working in a team environment as well as provide on the job knowledge sharing as required
- Experience demonstrating skill effectively communicating verbally and in writing
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at various PHI locations
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, including during emergencies working overtime, weekends, holidays as required
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs and squatting).
- Ability and willingness performing a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
- Ability and willingness to comply with Federal, State, local and company safety requirements
- Must possess a valid CDL Class “A” with required endorsements to include HAZMAT, Airbrake and combination vehicle OR the ability and willingness to obtain a valid CDL within six (6) months of entry into the position
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain and maintain ASE certification in the areas listed below within 2 years of entry into the position:
- Master Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technician series T1 through T8:
T1 – Gasoline Engine
T2 – Diesel Engine
T3 – Drive Train
T4 – Brakes
T5 – Suspension and Steering
T6 – Electrical/Electronic System
T7 – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
T8 – Preventative Maintenance Inspection
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions
- Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test
PHI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply online at