The Life Safety Service Technician is responsible for performing, under some supervision, routine Fire Alarm, Nurse Call, Access Control and/or CCTV system troubleshooting and repairs. The Service Technician will also conduct basic system programming associated with system start-ups, minor system changes and modifications, and perform testing and inspecting of various life safety systems as required, and will respond to service calls and carry out to completion any necessary troubleshooting and repairs. This position will also require the preparation of weekly time reports and service tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
Reporting to the Installation Manager, the Fire Alarm and Life Safety Installation Technician is responsible for performing, under some supervision, routine Fire Alarm system troubleshooting and repairs, basic system programming associated with system start-ups, minor Fire Alarm system changes and modifications, and Testing and Inspecting Fire Alarm systems, as required. Installation Technicians will need to have the ability to use general hand tools and some power tools, the ability to read blue prints, operate small lifts and basic electrical knowledge is a plus. Job duties include, but are not limited to, servicing, inspecting, testing and installing of Fire Alarm systems to the prescribed standards. This position will also require the preparation of weekly time reports and service tickets in an accurate and timely manner.
1) 2-5 years of fire alarm and life safety service experience required
2) Strong customer service skills
3) Proficient understanding of fire alarm systems
4) Proficient knowledge of codes and standards
5) Ability to read and interpret system drawings and plans
6) Must be able to read, write, and communicate fluently in English
7) Ability to communicate with people, both verbally and in writing in a professional and effective manner
8) Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
9) Must be able to drive a vehicle for company business on a daily basis
10) Ability to operate a computer and software applications in a Microsoft Windows environment