Parabit Systems is a full-service engineering, design, integration, and manufacturing company located in the heart of Long Island, just 30 minutes from New York City. Our reach is nationwide, with satellite offices in Miami, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Chicago. From total security solutions, to self-service kiosks and digital signage, Parabit’s mission is to enhance and protect your business.
Parabit is and has been experiencing explosive growth with its recently developed access control system known as SkimGard. As a result, Parabit is seeking Field Technicians in the area. You must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of Access Control and Analog/IP Surveillance Systems. Knowledge or Door Lock/Exit Equipment; Magnetic Locks, Door Strikes, Touch Door Release Bars, Mechanical Door Release Bars, REX Motion, Exit Button and Key Override Switches and related power supplies.
- 3 – 5 years experience with Installation and Service of:
- ATM Lobby Card Access Control Systems
- Door Lock/Exit Hardware
- Analog and IP CCTV Surveillance Systems
- Cable Pulls to Local and National Electrical Codes
- 3 – 5 years experience with:
- Operation of power tools (Drills, Sawzall, Jig and Chop Saws, Grinders, etc.) and equipment in a safe, responsible and confident manner.
- 3 – 5 years’ experience with Cable Terminations:
- Data Cat5 Ethernet, Telco RJ11, Punch Down 66/110 Blocks, Coax and B-Nut.
- Driver's license in good standing (2 points or less on record).
- Credit Report in good standing (All credit showing a current status and no judgments, liens or credit in collection.).
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends or holidays (on a scheduled or on-call basis).
- Working knowledge of Excel, Word and Email.
- Locksmith experience a plus.
- Capable of working on a ladder.
- Complete and submit all forms and reports in a professional and timely manner.
- Prompt communication with dispatcher and dispatch system on the status of all travel and work performed.
- Provide on-call phone, remote and on-site support to service call requests and system installations.
- Maintain vehicle inventory.
- Perform service and installation work to minimize return visits to 2% or less compared to total service/installs performed annually.
- Maintain proper operation of tools required for work performed.
- Maintain company vehicle (scheduled and as required service) with authorized service companies
- Follow company standard dress code.
- Must be available to be on-call for remote and on-site service.
- Provide remote and on-site support for customers, resellers, suppliers and vendors.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to manage and resolve issues/problems and client requests quickly with details of what was reported, what was found upon inspection of the service call request and what was done to repair the service request.
- Willing to take on challenges and learn/train on all equipment installed.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple assignments/tasks.
- Completion of paperwork and system data entry of all work performed and parts used from techs inventory.
- Provide and maintain excellent communication, work performance and organizational skills
- Trade School or equivalent.
All employment candidates must pass a NON-DOT Drug screening, a background check, and personal assessment prior to employment.
- Group Life