NET ESOLUTIONS CORPORATION (NETE) is a multi-award winning company founded in 1999. NETE is a full service Information Technology (IT) company dedicated to providing value focused services to the Federal Government and the Biomedical Research and Health IT Sector. NETE offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE is seeking a well-rounded, proactive Facility Operations Engineer in Rockville, Maryland. This position supports the facility maintenance and operations of the federal government Research and Development Computational Facility (RDCF). The facility has undertaken a series of adjustments to the building automation system (BAS) of the RDCF and has fine-tuned the maintenance and operations method of procedures to adjust to enhancements offered by the new BAS. The ideal candidate will provide operations support and leadership with new federal mandate which requires that the power utilization efficiency (PUE) of data centers is below 1.5 on average per year, reliability in day to day operations of the RDCF.
- Assess end-user needs; develop planning sketches and test-fit options consistent with NIAID data center space standards; prepare Design Intent Drawings, FF&E (mechanical and electrical equipment) specifications, cost estimates, scopes of work, project schedules; provide implementation oversight.
- Provide Planning and Project coordination support including, but not limited to:
- Coordination of existing base building/ RDCF conditions (MEP/TED) with interior design, FF&E elements (demountable walls, systems and freestanding furniture) and supporting technology requirements
- Conducting site surveys/field verifications for compliance with approved CDs and shop drawings, advise on acceptance of space, develop punch lists, monitor to completion
- Managing documents and project records including base building/FF&E finish binders, project binders, summary reports, and project metrics consistent with ORO records management.
- Prepare Independent Government Estimates (IGE’s) for budget planning; review price proposals and related contractors bids, as requested.
- Provide quality assurance of construction documents, shop/installation drawings, bills of materials and other documents for compliance with DID’s.
- Monitor furniture procurements and lead times, interior build-out and installation schedules to ensure compliance with project schedule and budget; track action items.
- Mentor and assist in the professional development of junior planning staff to increase technical, analytical, communications and presentation skills.
- Inform and communicate with the OWS Federal point-of-contact assigned to each task.
- Applicants selected will be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizens or Permanent Residents preferred.
- 8-12 years’ experience with Government clients/projects
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering.
- Demonstrated expertise in operations and management of central utility plant, space planning, graphic design, specifications, budgeting, scheduling and data centers.
- Data Center Management experience
- Siemens BAS, Schneider DCIM experience
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills (verbal and graphic)
- AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Word and Excel required
- LEED credentials are a plus
- Other software experience a plus: Publisher, CAP20/20.
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 9 Paid Federal holidays
- Various wellness programs
- Free parking at corporate offices
- Employee Referral Bonus Program (ERBP)
- Vision coverage through UHC national network
- Dental coverage through UHC national network
- 401(K) with significant company match & no vesting period
- Short and Long-Term Disability coverage (paid by company)
- Competitive salaries with opportunity for performance bonuses
- Discount plan for pet care, legal services, & identify theft protection
- Basic Life and AD&D coverage (paid by company; option to purchase additional coverage)
- Medical coverage through UHC national network (option to choose between 3 available plans)
- Flexible Spending Accounts:
- Healthcare (FSA)
- Parking Reimbursement Account (PRK)
- Dependent Care Assistant Program (DCAP)
- Transportation Reimbursement Account (TRN)
NETE is a multi-award winning company as well as offers a collaborative working environment where growth is encouraged and nurtured. In addition, we offer competitive salaries that may include performance bonuses; and a comprehensive benefits package.
NETE uses E-Verify to validate all new hires' ability to legally work in the United States.
Disclaimer: The above description is intended to describe the general nature of work and level of effort being performed by individual’s assigned to this position or job description. This is not to be construed as a complete or exhaustive list of all skills, responsibilities, duties, and/or assignments required. Individuals may be required to perform duties outside of their position, job description, or responsibilities as needed.