Optimized Thermal Systems, Inc. has a single office in College Park, Maryland and is growing steadily to meet the ever increasing needs and interests of HVAC&R research, experimentation, and development. Our vision is to transform the way thermal systems are designed and developed, freeing engineers to do what they do best: create and innovate. We do this by:
- Developing, verifying and validating highly goal oriented simulation tools;
- Integrating with multi-objective optimization, analysis and visualization of the entire product design space;
- Experimentally validating and testing new designs and system assemblies; and,
- Establishing long-term collaboration with select customers so that we thoroughly understand their research needs and can be most productive in minimizing the time to market for new designs.
OTS is looking for a full-time engineer to take a primary role on consulting projects requiring experimental testing and validation for the air-conditioning and refrigeration industry. Projects may range from testing and analyzing customer-specific existing components, modified system assemblies, or newly developed designs.
Core Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze and experimentally test heat transfer and energy conversion components and systems including, but not limited to, heat exchanger designs; commercial and residential refrigeration systems; heat pumps; and, other residential and commercial building cooling systems and applications.
- Utilize in-house, commercial, and custom developed software, as required, to accompany experimental work.
- Develop, review, and edit project reports.
- Assist with developing experimental lab capabilities, project proposals and new business leads.
- Maintain and grow existing customer contacts and relations.
- Extensive knowledge about heat transfer and energy conversion systems is a must.
- Extensive experience with experimental research.
- Working knowledge of LabVIEW DAQ software.
- Knowledge of other engineering software including MATLAB and Engineering Equation Solver a plus.
- Ability to independently learn new engineering analysis tools and apply them to projects.
- Software development and programming experience is requested, but not required.
- Mechanical Engineering degree preferred, but not required.
- Minimum Master's degree and 3+ years experience in the industry or equivalent.
- Ph.D. or P.E. preferred, but not required.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident preferred.
- Job Location: College Park, MD
- Type: Full-Time Position
- Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience
- Benefits: Fully covered health insurance; short and long term disability insurance; retirement plan contribution 3% of salary; 2 days/month accrued time off, University of Maryland holiday schedule observed for all employees.
*Serious applicants only. Please do not contact this company about other services, products or commercial interests, including recruitment services.*