We are currently seeking an Experienced Directional Drill Operator with CDL to join our Utility Lines Construction Services, Inc. team in the Street Light Construction and Maintenance Department.
- Operates equipment (directional drill, excavator, etc.)
- Operates Directional Drill Locating Equipment
- Machines, tools, equipment and work aides used include concreate saws, hydraulic tools, and hand tools.
- Works around hazardous equipment
- Works near energized parts or equipment.
- Exposed to traffic.
- Works around excessive noise form machines (backhoe, trencher, mini excavator, concrete saw, jackhammers)
- Employee can be exposed to hot and cold environments, poisonous plants or reptiles, and stringing insects. Working hours may extend into night and may exceed an eight hour day.
- Must be able to operate the various tools for the work (various manual digging devices, wrenches, hammers, etc.)
- May flag traffic and may be required to have training.
- Other duties as assigned by Foreperson relating to underground work.
- Responds to calls within Thirty (30) minutes.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays for extended periods; may be required to perform duties as part of recovery force during emergencies and disasters.
- Must be able to safely enter and exit excavations
- Must be able to identify the hazards on the job.
- Must have cognition to solve problems.
- Must be able to read & follow prints
- Must be able to visualize the job build
- Must be able to safely enter and exit the aerial device and rear-end of the bucket and derrick trucks
- Must be able to work with hands above head for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work efficiently and effectively from heights.
- Must be able to meet and maintain weight restrictions for bucket truck as identified by truck manufacturer.
- Must be able to follow directions, work safely & productively
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight (8) or ten (10) hour day according to the schedule.
- Must be able to work long hours and overtime during holidays, emergencies, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Must have a Class A CDL.
- Must pass a background check and pass a motor vehicle records check.
- Must be able to pass a DOT physical in order to obtain a DOT medical card.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to wear necessary PPE as required by company policy
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to communicate with others.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis, and up to 10 pounds on a continuous basis.
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
Range of Motion
Hearing - Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting up to 10 lbs
Lifting over 10 lbs to 50 lbs
Lifting up to 50 lbs
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continously = 67% to 100%
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.