We are looking to hire an Estimator immediately for a Specialty Foundations firm in the Metro DC area. Candidate must possess excellent communication skills.
- Consult with outsides sources and analyze documents to create time, cost, materials and labor estimates.
- Create cost tracking and reporting operational systems.
- Create estimates and cost or expenditure statements for use in future project consideration.
- Work with Operations to ensure a complete understanding of the scope of work.
- Schedule as necessary to develop a bid day schedule for the project.
- Review specifications and drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine and prepare scopes of work and required contents of various budgets, pre-con proposals and hard bids.
- Thorough knowledge of Federal Government procurement
- Prepare estimates by taking-off assigned scopes of work
- Prepare bid general conditions and review with operations before bid submittal.
- Assist with pricing change orders.
- Maintain and track bid results for those projects you propose on.
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and establish priorities
- Able to generate take-off
- Ability to understand bid job instructions and detailed specifications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and project scheduling software.
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- 5 + years progressively responsible experience in the construction industry in the estimating field
- General knowledge construction project experience
- Bilingual Spanish a plus