Please Complete BFJ Pre-Employment Assessment
Title: Equipment Operator
Reports To: Foreman/Crew Leader
Status: Regular, Full Time, Non-exempt
Primary Function: Responsible for the safe and productive operation and daily maintenance of equipment such as backhoes, dozers, hoe rams, or specialty trucks, etc. working in specialty contract areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The following list is an outline of duties and responsibilities attached to this position. It is understood that this list is intended to be representative of the functions that may reasonably be expected of the position. It is not intended to be comprehensive.
- Operate equipment in a safe, skilled, and productive manner in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and BF Joy, LLC policies and procedures.
- Excavate around utilities following Miss Utility Law and Joy’s locating procedures.
- Operate equipment in or around congested areas.
- Inspect work areas, prepare and place equipment in proper position. Direct placement of vehicles for loading and unloading of equipment..
- Inspect and clean equipment; perform daily maintenance of equipment ensuring proper engine and hydraulic oil and other fluid levels are acceptable.
- Maintain proper information, records and forms in accordance with company and manufacture procedures.
- Perform manual labor in various degrees of performance to maintain job progress
- Cooperate and communicate with coworkers, supervisors, customers and the public.
- Practice a “safety comes first” attitude by following Joy, OSHA and DOT regulations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, QUALIFICATIONS, & EXPERIENCE:
Educational and experience requirements include:
- High school degree or its equivalent or a combination of education and training experience.
- Technical training in operating equipment such as backhoes, excavator, dozers, hoe rams, or specialty trucks, etc. and construction skills gained through technical training schools.
- At least two years experience required.
- Must be able to communicate with supervisor and coworkers.
- Must have valid driver’s license and clean driving record.