We are currently seeking an Equipment Mechanic to join Utility Lines Construction Services, LLC Region 104 team.
We offer excellent opportunities for career oriented individuals that want to be a part of our team. Our goal is to provide a safe work environment for all of our employees to perform quality work with our many clients. ULCS employees share in Productivity and Safety Incentive programs. We also offer an excellent compensation package that includes a competitive benefits package, paid holidays, and paid vacation. Flame Retardant clothing is provided for all employees at no cost to them. Various work locations do offer employee payroll deduct programs for work boots and tools for the job.
We offer year round employment with a company that values the team approach toward building quality projects. If you are looking for your next career advancement and are a goal oriented person that wants to work for a company that values safety and appreciates good employees, please apply today.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Equipment Mechanic will handle all necessary repairs to include the replacement of worn or damaged parts.
- Provide regular service to include using jacks, cranes, and various handheld tools to dismantle and reassemble areas of heavy equipment.
- Make adjustments to engines, as well as any additional assemblies such as gear transmissions and hydraulic.
- Must examine critical parts and operating components of heavy equipment for possible wear and tear, defects, or other damages with use of specialized tools and also trained eye and ear.
- Test equipment and machines on regular schedule to ensure things are operating efficiently and safely.
- Clean all components using approved solvents formulated for heavy equipment.
- Check for components and parts that need to be welded. Performing this job with a gas or electric welder.
- Weather permitting, this is a 40 hour a week job.
- All other duties required to keep the fleet in good working condition.
- Comply with all safety and health rules.
- Perform work or operate vehicle/equipment where training and qualification has been provided.
- Demonstrate safe work behavior
- Stop work whenever unsafe acts or conditions are present.
- Reports all injuries no matter how minor to the Region Safety Supervisor or Management Immediately.
- Report all incidents and near misses to Region Safety Supervisor or Manager.
- Due to the inherently dangerous nature of the industry and the requirements to work with or around hazardous equipment, employees must be able to maintain attention and concentration for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to inspect/wear PPE as necessary.
- Must be able to safely drive an approved company vehicle.
- Must be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a day.
- Must be able to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work assignments, i.e., rain, heat, sun, cold.
- Must be able to traverse various terrains.
- Must be able to write, read and comprehend written and verbal job instructions/information.
- Must possess strong communication skills both written and spoken.
- Must be able to communicate and handle confrontations professionally.
- Must have transportation to and from the show up location.
- Must be able to maintain attention during dangerous tasks.
- Must be able to lift, move and maneuver up to 50 pounds on an infrequent basis, and up to 10 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Must have endurance necessary to perform these duties throughout a standard eight or ten hour day. Must be able to work long hours and overtime during emergencies (including holidays, weekends, etc. Subject to call out work).
- Must have sufficient eyesight to judge distances and coordination to get and use the appropriate equipment and tools.
- Must be able to work around moving equipment.
- Must be able to work in tight spaces.
- Must be able to work with hazardous tools, i.e., welding torch.
- Must be able to operate and service all required tools and equipment. (i.e., bucket truck, line truck, boring machines, back hoes, track hoes, pick-up trucks, ect.)
- Must be willing to travel out of state for emergency storm work.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
- Must have a valid CDL driver’s license. (A CDL’s are preferred)
- Previous experience with Construction Equipment repair preferred.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.