At Closet America we are known for our superior product, unparalleled customer service and professionalism, craftsmanship, and service. The results show in our high customer satisfaction scores and in the quality of every system we make. A locally owned and operated company, Closet America offers excellent benefits and a great work culture.
Closet America is looking for an experienced Edge-banding Operator-Technician to lead Edge-banding operations, a critical process in the manufacture of high quality closet components. Candidates could be highly experienced current production line technicians or Biesse, Homag or Holtzer field technicians interested in leveraging their experience in a role requiring less travel, in a geography offering world class cultural amenities of the Washington DC, Chesapeake Bay region.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 3 years hands on experience running a high end sophisticated edge banding machine including performing preventative maintenance and recognition of high quality output. Benefits include working for the industry leader, competitive salary and benefits including paid vacation, 401k plan with generous company match, healthcare, and company sponsored events.
What you will do:
- Operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair Homag and Biesse Edge-banders
- Prepare and setup machine systems for daily operation, and meet daily production goals
- Maintain machine, ensuring that the machine is always in proper working condition and can be used to its maximum capacity
- Inspect and ensure all products are defect free before passing on to next work cell
- Understand cause and effect, and take appropriate actions, related to high quality bonding and edge appearance for various banding materials (Polypropylene, ABS, PVC), thicknesses, finishes and grains
- Operate and Maintain AFS/Airtech systems adjusting Offset, Temperature, Pressure, and Speed as changes in conditions and materials require
- Operate and maintain EVA glue systems
- Operate conveyer and lift table interfaces and control, and integrated robotics
- Contribute to Continuous Improvement initiatives related to work-flow, 5S and overall shop efficiency
- Operate all machinery used in the manufacturing process
- Help other areas and personnel as needed.
What we are looking for:
- Education & Experience: High school diploma or GED, 2 year technical associates degree, and/or extensive equipment manufacturer training; 3+ years’ experience operating and maintaining an edge banding machine (Holtzer, Biesse, or Homag Strongly Preferred) or Biesse, Homag, or Holtzer Field Technician experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Computer Skills: Competency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook); ability to develop skills using SAP, Improve-It and Cabinet Vision software systems.
What we offer:
Closet America offers a generous benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance with HSA option
- Prescription Drug Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k with Immediately Vested Company Match
- Educational Assistance
- Company-paid holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Additional Voluntary Benefits
- On the job training and professional development