Excellent opportunity to join a rapidly growing team that specializes in the installation and service of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) equipment, Energy Retrofits, and Building Automation Systems (BAS). If you have a sense of ownership and ambition to succeed, this could be the career opportunity you've been waiting for.
Responsibilities for this Director of Construction position include overall management of the Mid-Atlantic Construction Department with approximately 10 Project Management Direct Reports. Focus will be on employee development, client interaction, management and control of project resources (internal and external), project documentation, deliverables, and scheduling and contract administration.
You will provide leadership to the workforce and manage day to day construction operational issues in the delivery of solutions to our customers on time and on budget. Continually builds and maintains customer business relationships to ensure customer satisfaction levels are met or exceeded.
Compensation commensurate with experience, with a mid-range of $135,000 plus bonus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with Mid-Atlantic leadership team to develop market strategy and market level policy for construction operations.
- Assures customer satisfaction levels for service, systems and installation are met or exceeded and ensures construction projects are delivered on time and on budget.
- Establish, implement, and manage programs to maintain and increase revenue, profit, and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible to schedule and forecast manpower for self-preformed work.
- Lead operation meetings with PMs on a weekly basis to ensure accurate work in progress (WIP) reports.
- Manage the performance and develop the capabilities of the construction department employees to meet or exceed leadership expectations.
- Manage overtime, direct labor costs, sub-contractor costs and inventories to meet financial goals and maintain profitability.
- Work directly with the sales and estimating teams to ensure construction projects are accurately estimated.
- Maintain proper staffing levels by recruiting and hiring competent individuals necessary to accomplish team goals.
- Ensures compliance to corporate policies and procedures regarding safety including OSHA, as well as the safeguarding of proprietary and confidential information and protection and control of corporate assets (i.e. buildings, inventories, vehicles, etc.).
- Provide employees with the resources (tools, training, teammates, etc) to fulfill their responsibilities.
- Ensure employees properly maintain vehicles and company assets.
- Schedule and meet with customers to ensure customer satisfaction levels are being met or exceeded. Identify, problem-solve, and resolve issues with input from fellow business team members.
- Participate and direct meetings between construction department and sales to review new projects.
- Work with the accounting department to forecast costs in a timely manner.
- Maintain construction department work in progress report.
- Oversee relationships and agreements with subcontractors.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE (Include necessary licenses and specialized training.)
- Seven plus (7+) years of technical service/construction experience is required.
- Mechanical project management experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, systems, marketing, business administration or management, or equivalent experience is required.
- MD, DC, or VA Master HVAC license or equivalent is preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or equivalent is preferred.
- Strong demonstrated leadership capabilities with the ability to communicate effectively (oral/written) and have exceptional problem solving and customer satisfaction skills.
- Experience managing a P&L and growing revenue.
Company offers a highly competitive salary and comprehensive healthcare benefits with low employee premiums, short and long term disability, stock option purchase plan, 401k with company match, car allowance, and more.