For over 65 years, the Magnolia family of companies has been serving the residents and businesses of the Washington and Baltimore Metropolitan areas. Started as a small partnership in 1950, the company has grown through an unwavering philosophy that there is nothing more important than providing a quality product and a service resulting in complete customer satisfaction. Today the Magnolia Companies consist of Joseph J. Magnolia, Inc. and Magnolia Plumbing, Inc. and operate out of multiple locations, dispatching approximately 200 service and construction vehicles throughout the Washington and Baltimore Region.
Magnolia Plumbing, Inc.'s Laurel based office is looking for a knowledgeable individual to fill their Diesel Mechanic position. The garage is responsible for the maintenance and repairs of Magnolias entire fleet of commercial vehicles, vacuum/scavenger trucks, diesel engines, work Vans, SUV's as well as sedans.
- Diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul buses and trucks, or maintain and repair any type of diesel engines.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Test electronic computer components as per standard checklist for the vehicle make.
- Driving the vehicle for testing purposes or using various equipment, including hand-held and onboard compression gauges or diagnostic computers.
- Watching or inspecting closely parts like hoses, belts, plugs, fuel systems, brakes, and other possible troublesome items.
- Clean the automotive garage at the end of the work shift
- Minimum 5 years of experience working primarily with automobile or marine diesel engines
- Good knowledge of automobiles.
- Effective analytical and communication skills.
- Good reading, computer, and mathematics skills.
- Ability to learn new technology and repair and service procedures and specifications.
- Should be able to operate electronic diagnostic equipment.
- Competitive salary & paid time off
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee Referral Program