MOSAIC is seeking a Database Engineer in the Annapolis Junction area.
• Work in an agile development processes implementing features as defined by user stories.
• Development and documentation of data architecture to support system definition
• Primary engineer responsible for creation and maintenance of the project databases
• Primary engineer responsible for the production system monitoring and reporting capability
• Must have TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph
• 10 years designing, architecture, maintaining and manage the databases.
• Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required. Five (5) years of additional database engineering experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Responsible for developing a database structure that fits into the overall architecture of the system under development and has to make trades among data volumes, number of users, logical and physical distribution, response times, retention rules, security and domain controls
• Leads development of database structures that fit into the overall architecture of the system under development
• Leads development of databases, database parser software, and database loading software
• Expertise in MongoDB is a must.
• Evaluating, defining, planning, designing, implementing, refining, and deploying database solutions in LINUX VM environments at the Enterprise and project levels.
• Sizing (capacity planning), performance analysis and tuning, modeling.
• Database security certification (to PL/3), data integrity, and database redundancy techniques.
• Developing successful backup and recovery procedures on more than one program
• Supporting the development of long-term architectural storage solutions based on customer business requirements.
• Experience in resolving database problems and issues and in creating new features/ functionality for existing database.
• Must have worked on large to very large databases.
Preferred Special Qualifications:
At MOSAIC Technologies Group each team member is a key player. MOSAIC provides consulting and technical services to Government and commercial clients in the areas of management, mission and technology. We know the value of our talent, and we work to provide challenging opportunities for each member that will cultivate careers as well as develop people. Our familial environment, competitive salary and benefits are a few of the ways that we take care of our people. If you believe in supporting your community, growing your career and working with committed colleagues then join us. MOSAIC wants you in the family.