Johnstone Supply is a leading wholesale supplier to the heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration industry. We pride ourselves on our customer service, technical support and professionalism to the trade. The cooperative has 390 stores nationwide and sales of over $1.7 billion with six major distribution centers strategically located throughout the country. We are known for our exceptional service and our employees are known for their technical knowledge. We have 6 branch locations in Pennsylvania and Maryland and have an immediate opening for a Counter Sales Representative in our Rosedale, MD location due to company expansion and market demand.
Johnstone Supply encourages advancement from within and offers promotional and training opportunities. Prior industry knowledge not required; seeking applicants with strong sales skills and a desire to learn!
You can apply online, or send resumes via email to . Please include salary requirements and cover letter. Pre-hire drug testing required.
- Answers incoming telephone calls and greets customers who walk in the store.
- Assists customers in making product selections by asking questions and actively listening to identify customer needs.
- Maintains knowledge of new and existing products and inventory by participating in training, studying Johnstone and industry catalogs and web sites, and seeking knowledge from experienced staff members and factory reps.
- Assists in receiving, shipping and general warehouse duties when needed.
- Completes all transactions and necessary paperwork accurately and in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D; some college preferred.
- Ability to provide consistent, professional customer service.
- Ability to multi-task and maintain focus while prioritizing the needs of several customers at once.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills: listening to, interpreting, and meeting the needs of others.
- Ability to diagnose and rectify problems.
- Willingness to learn HVAC/R products, concepts and the industry as a whole.
- Ability to provide and to follow written instructions and documented procedures.
- Medical plan
- Dental plan
- Prescription plan
- Company paid life insurance
- 401K with company match
- Paid holidays
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Training via Johnstone University; both online and classroom instruction