Construction Superintendents, are you ready to partner with a company that can help you to make the most of your industry experience? Let RealStreet help to open new doors for you! Since 2001, RealStreet has connected management executives for the construction industry to contractors working on commercial and government projects. We are the only firm in the country specializing entirely in construction staffing. Founded and operated by building professionals, we have cultivated long-term relationships with many of the industry's leading companies.
We currently have great assignments for Construction Superintendents with some of our top clients. Our recruiters will work directly with you, learning about your goals and needs while matching you with the kind of in-demand projects and positions that you can't find anywhere else!
You have the talent, drive, and expertise --we have the right connections. Together we can help to build you a better career. Contact us today!
As a Construction Superintendent, you will be supporting our client, a construction management and general contracting firm recently named one of the “Greatest Places to Work”. The Construction Superintendent position is based in Baltimore, Maryland. Projects include ground-up construction and renovations and typically range between $2M and $20M in a wide range of sectors including Commercial, Life Sciences, Healthcare, Residential, Education and Industrial. The Construction Superintendent will be responsible for supervising crews and equipment, managing onsite safety program, coordinating installation of all trades work and ensuring project schedule is met.
- Planning, coordinating and supervising on-site operations.
- Managing the onsite safety program. Understanding and implementing all safety requirements, regulations and laws that pertain to the project.
- Supervising labor and subcontractors to ensure productivity, efficient use of materials and equipment, and contractual performance.
- Providing consistent, accurate and reliable project documentation.
- Defining and delegating responsibilities and set goals for subcontractors.
- Developing and maintaining overall operation planning for duration of project.
- Coordinating with and providing input to project team on scheduling, engineering, material control and job productivity.
- Monitoring status of project, schedule, productivity and costs.
- Reviewing and providing input on job costs and projection updates.
- Developing complete understanding of contract plans and specifications.
- Examining/inspecting field conditions and identify problems, inaccuracies, and cost saving measures.
- Inspecting work for compliance with the contract plans and specifications and identifying deficiencies and explaining and taking corrective action as needed.
- Complying, understanding, and supporting company safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment. Identifying job site safety hazards and taking all necessary corrective actions to eliminate or minimize them.
- Supporting and ensuring implementation of quality programs.
- Maintaining good client relations.
Specific qualifications for the Construction Superintendent role include:
- High school diploma, junior college degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 10 years’ of project supervision experience in commercial construction.
- Experience as Superintendent on ground up and renovation construction projects valued between $2M and $20M.
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of construction (technology, equipment and methods), negotiations, engineering, cost control schedules and safety required.
- OSHA 30 certification required.
- Excellent communication, organizational and supervisory skills are essential.
- Good computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferred.
Our client offers a comprehensive benefit package which includes a choice of health care coverage, prescription, dental and vision plans, life insurance, LTD, Paid Time Off Program and a 401k with company match.
Build a better construction career with RealStreet!