- MD |
- Jobs |
- Construction Operations Manager
Construction Operations Manager
Temple Hills20748MDUSTemple Hills, MD
- Leading, motivating, developing and coaching your Field Supervision.
- Developing action plans to mitigate service issues.
- Proactively collaborating with labor.
- Removing barriers and solving problems to help your team be productive.
- This Operations Management role will direct and manage a team of supervisors responsible for employees and outside contractors in the safe, reliable and cost effective installation SOE, underpinning.
- Have good general structural foundation and concrete experience.
- Become familiar with general maintenance of production equipment.
- Keep accurate records associated with production and employees.
- Assist in all aspects of operating the projects.
- Daily coordination with the Project Managers to support current and upcoming activities in the field.
- Assist with project buy-out for supplied materials, ensuring compliance with client specifications and industry standards.
- Maintain and complete a current record of submittals (when required), approvals and re-submittals.
- Manage the RFI process and ensure drawings are up-to-date.
- Manage the budget within the company cost control system.
- Accumulate all necessary data for monthly owner and subcontractor applications for payment.
- Assist with pre-construction and progress meetings with clients and subcontractors, as appropriate.
- Facilitate in house kick off and progress meetings with Management Team.
- Assist with estimating changed conditions, to include labor production, material take offs and quotes, and subcontractor pricing.
- Weekly coordination of current and upcoming project work in the field.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Availability to work extended hours when necessary, including weekends and after hours and on call as required for the needs of the business.
- Valid driver’s license.
- B.S. in structural Engineering
- Thorough understanding of plans and specifications.
- Scheduling and estimating experience are a plus.
- Self-Starter – Ability to work alone on a project, and also as part of a team.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills.