Utility Lines Construction Services, LLC is currently seeking a Construction Expeditor to work at our Dundalk, Maryland location. This position is for year-round employment supporting our many crews that work from North Carolina to Delaware. In this role, you will have daily interaction with our field management teams to help provide equipment, subcontract services, material and supplies as well as Miss Utility locating services.
The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills both professional phone manners as well as clear and concise email accuracy. Multi-tasking to provide needed supplies and equipment on the projects is a daily requirement. You will be part of a team that works to provide support to our 20 plus crews working in 4 states. We offer excellent opportunities for career oriented individuals that want to be part of our team. Our goal is to provide a safe work environment for all our employees to perform quality work with our many clients. We offer an excellent compensation package that includes health/dental/vision benefits, paid life insurance, short/long term disability, matching 401(k) plan, paid holidays, and vacation.
- Construction Expeditor is responsible for determining supply needs through technical details and schedules provided by Estimating team and management
- Manages the orders of material to meet project requirements
- Coordinates the delivery of supplies according to priorities and specifications
- Resolves problems to expedite delivery of orders
- Confirms orders upon arrival to the field to ensure the correct quality and quantity
- Monitors inventory of supplies for different jobs or sites
- Places orders when needed, scheduling for timely delivery and competitive price
- Arranges the movement of material between locations and jobsites
- Maintains good relationships with suppliers and vendors
- Keeps accurate records
- Familiar with construction supplies and various types of equipment needed to support the Electrical Utility Industry
- Communicates with field management and Miss Utility or similar agency to provide exact locations for excavation activities to be certain there is no conflict with existing utilities in the ground before we dig. Maintains accurate calendar expiration dates and files for these locations to continually update the status of these mandatory updates.
- Duties will include but are not limited to compiling information from bid documents, requesting quotes from vendors and subcontractors to support our estimating team.
- Issuing purchase orders using a combination of Microsoft Excel and QuickBooks Pro to track the progress and cost of all orders from initiation through final payments.
- Review operating practices and procedures and recommend improvements to facilitate a more efficient and effective workflow process to provide support to the team
- Establishes and maintains vendor relations, files and reports.
- Works closely with field personnel to obtain and coordinate job materials to ensure timely delivery for scheduled work.
- Assignments, projects, and daily work will be carried out in accordance with the instructions that are established through office practices, procedures, and precedents.
- Confers with customers, suppliers, property owners, general public, other contractors and representatives of utilities and governmental agencies
- This position will act as a liaison between regional management, vendors, and field employees.
- Must understand and implement chain of command in reference to ULCS Organizational Chart.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Regional Office Manager.
- Ability to understand technical specifications of material and equipment
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and filing systems
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Well-organized with multi-tasking abilities
- Apt in problem-solving
- Must be able to effectively communicate status of purchase orders for projects.
- Must have solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have excellent Adobe, Microsoft office, QuickBooks and Outlook skills.
- Associates degree or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant experience in Purchasing or Accounts Payable is required.
- Able to understand and create complex spreadsheets.
- Has working knowledge of accounting basics.
- Capable of creating and understanding job costing and procurement reports.
- Good customer service and conflict resolution skills.
- Able to pay close attention to details and identify/correct mistakes.
- Excellent communication skills interacting with other staff members, outside representatives, and customers
- Must possess good planning, analysis, and organizing skills.
- Manages time effectively, and able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to teamwork through relationship building, reliability and collaboration.
- Capable of performing repetitive tasks
- Must pass pre- employment drug screening, MVR, and Background screening.
- Must have transportation to and from work.
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and vets.