Construction Equipment Mechanics maintain and repair heavy construction equipment. Their job responsibilities include diagnosing, repairing, adjusting or overhauling mobile mechanical and pneumatic equipment like graders, bulldozers, cranes, conveyors, and dump trucks. Their duties also include welding or soldering broken parts.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform routine troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on heavy construction equipment to include asphalt rollers, pavers and dump trucks
- Conduct equipment evaluations and preventative maintenance inspections
- Diagnose and repair all major systems on construction equipment with emphasis on hydraulics, electrical, and diesel engine systems
- Welding as necessary
- Maintain detailed records of equipment readiness
- Comply with all applicable safety, environmental, compliance and legal regulations when completing work assignments
- Have passion for what you do
- Participate on cross-functional teams when needed
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Certification as Heavy Equipment Mechanic preferred.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience repairing heavy mobile equipment, which includes the repair of asphalt pavers, rollers, and dump trucks
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems
- The ability to read schematics and to diagnose problems
- Ability to rebuild major components such as engines, transmissions, gears and hydrostatic drives
- Welding and fabricating skills
- Ability to work well with others, and to offer guidance to less senior mechanics
- Ability to work without direct supervision
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable performance of essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is…
- Required to continuously use vision abilities, including close, distance, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls, and reach with hands and arms; use fine motor coordination and eye-hand coordination to push/pull levers and apply pressure to control; and utilize feet to press pedal.
- Frequently required to stand, talk and hear; lift or move up to 100 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 100 pounds (with or without assistance).
- Occasionally required to walk, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and smell.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee…
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions.
- Ocasionally works near moving mechanical parts; is exposed to vibration, wet or humid conditions, heat, and other forms of inclement weather; and is exposed to loud noise.
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places or in excavations, and is exposed to fumes or particulates, chemicals, or electricity.
Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities, Females, Disabled, Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Total Civil Construction is proud to be an E-Verify Employer and Drug-Free Workplace