B&H Chimneys is seeking a full-time Chimney Sweep to perform chimney inspections, sweeps, and chimney repairs. The position includes some masonry, sheet metal work, woodworking, painting and other repairs related to chimney maintenance and restoration. Applicants possessing the skills and experience listed below will be considered for the position.
- Requires a high school diploma.
- At least 2 years experience in chimney maintenance.
- Previous CSIA certification preferred.
- Masonry experience.
- Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures in the field of chimney maintenance.
- Ability to think critically and plan ahead.
- Must have access to email and some experience with word processing. (Experience with Apple iOS devices preferred)
- Must be friendly and able to communicate effectively with customers and co-workers. Excellent customer service skills are a must!
- Must have a valid Maryland drivers license and experience driving commercial vehicles.
- Experience setting up and working on scaffolding and ladders is required.
- Must have knowledge of safe work practices, particularly at heights.
- Applicants should be able to work comfortably at high heights, on many types of roofs, and have the ability to lift and carry 80 pounds.