Pepco Holdings, Inc. (PHI) is one of the largest electricity delivery and natural gas companies in the mid-Atlantic region. More than 1.8 million customers in Washington D.C., Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey and Virginia depend on PHI for their electricity and natural gas needs.
We are seeking a Certified Auto Mechanic 1/C to join the staff at our Salisbury MD location.
- Extensive experience troubleshooting and repairing hydraulic, electrical and mechanical problems on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Extensive experience performing corrective and/or preventative maintenance on transportation and heavy construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Extensive experience operating all types of transportation and construction equipment (specifically, light, medium, and heavy duty chassis, aerial lifts, digger derricks, cranes, mechanical, electric and hydraulic winches and forklifts).
- Experience demonstrating skill using PC-based word processing, spreadsheet and/or e-mail software.
- Ability and willingness to prepare and maintain various records on vehicle and equipment maintenance, including completing administrative functions, as required.
- Ability and willingness to work shift work, including during emergencies working overtime, weekends, holidays as required.
- Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment.
- Ability and willingness to travel to various company and off site locations as required.
- Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, lifting up to 50 lbs and squatting).
- Ability and willingness to work to perform a second role in accordance with PHI's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees
- Ability and willingness to comply with Federal, State, local and company safety requirements.
- Must possess a valid CDL Class “A” with required endorsements to include HAZMAT, Airbrake and combination vehicle OR the ability and willingness to obtain a valid CDL within six (6) months of entry into the position.
- Must currently possess or be able to obtain and maintain ASE certification in the areas listed below within 2 years of entry into the position:
- Master Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technician series T1 through T8:
T1 – Gasoline Engine
T2 – Diesel Engine
T3 – Drive Train
T4 – Brakes
T5 – Suspension and Steering
T6 – Electrical/Electronic System
T7 – Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC)
T8 – Preventative Maintenance Inspection
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
- Must successfully pass a medical screening to include a drug test.
PHI is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of characteristics protected by law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please apply online at