Throughout its history, Worcester Eisenbrandt has applied its experience and expertise to numerous governmental, institutional, commercial, and private sites all over the Mid-Atlantic region. Of the over 1400 projects completed by Worcester since 1987, approximately 70% have been architecturally, historically, or culturally significant in nature.
What WEI expects: We are looking for talented carpenters who take pride in their work, are highly motivated, reliable, driven by commitment and can work independently as well as within a team.
What can you expect? Our carpenters study blue prints, or building plans for information pertaining to the job and its materials required. They select the type of lumber or other materials needed for the project. We will challenge you by offering new experiences working on a variety of projects. WEI offers an outstanding company culture and dynamic work environment. This is a full-time position with benefits, including but not limited to: health, dental, vision, paid time off and paid holidays. Competitive pay.
General Information about the job:
- Prepares layout, using rule, framing square, and calipers.
- Marks cutting and assembly lines on materials, using pencil, chalk, and marking gage.
- Shapes materials to prescribed measurements, using saws, chisels, and planes.
- Assembles cut and shaped materials and fastens them together with nails, dowel pins or glue.
- Verifies trueness of structure with plumb bob and carpenter’s level.
- Erects framework for structures and lays sub-flooring.
- Covers sub-floor with building paper to keep out moisture.
- Fits and installs Commercial prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim and finish hardware, such as locks, letter drops, and kick plates.
- Restoration of wood cornices, doors, windows and other needed wood restoration.
- Installation of restored items.
- Constructs forms and chutes for pouring concrete.
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level.
- Knowledge of concrete and masonry is helpful.
- Ability to work overtime when needed.
- Projects range from the Baltimore City area to Northern Virginia.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Dependable, reliable, fulfills responsibilities.
- Strong physical and mental health using hands and arms in handling, installing, positioning, and moving materials, and manipulating things.
- Performing physical activities that require considerable use of your arms and legs and moving your whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- The ability to quickly make coordinated movements of one hand, a hand together with its arm, or two hands to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- The ability to exert muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue.
- Strong work ethics of integrity and honesty strives for excellence in all activities employing accompanying communication.
- Able to wear common protective or safety equipment such as safety shoes, glasses, gloves, hearing protection, and hard hats when needed.
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace.
- Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Minimum of five years’ experience of general carpentry.
- Apprentice – general knowledge of carpentry.
- Must have own basic carpenters tools.
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle.
- Experience working on historic properties is helpful.
- Must be able to climb and maintain balance on scaffolds two or more stories, ladders, lift and carry objects weighing between 50 to 75 pounds.
- Able to speak, and to read and write basic English.
It is the policy of Worcester Eisenbrandt, Inc. (WEI) to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, WEI will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
WEI, Inc. confirms work authorization through E-Verify, drug screening ,background check and physical post job offer. To apply copy and paste the link into any