Position Status: Full Time, Regular
FLSA Status: Salary
Reports To: Procurement & Contracts Manager
Under supervision and direction of the Procurement & Contracts Manager, processes, researches, negotiates and purchases materials and services for a fast-paced civil construction firm. In this position, the Buyer will be able to issue releases of any dollar value of Purchase Order (PO) and can issue PO' up to designated limit. Performs Cradle-to-Grave purchasing function in compliance with policies and procedures. This position does not have direct reports.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Issue Material Purchase Orders (PO) and Releases; and Service PO's.
- Use purchasing system to input the purchase order data.
- Distribute contract documents for signatures via online applications.
- Prepares and processes requisitions and PO for supplies and equipment according to project specs.
- Provides RFQ and locating MBE support to Estimating during Proposals.
- Perform Buy-Out analysis and issue project PO’s. Coordinate with field supervisory personnel; assist projects with materials receipts.
- Resolve cost, quantity, spec, delivery issues between vendor and Project Management.
- Perform vendor evaluations and report findings.
- Analyze and negotiate supplier exceptions to TCCE standard terms and conditions; provide performance feedback to vendors.
- Produce productivity and expediting reports to measure purchasing performance; follow-up on required actions.
- Assure proper PO close-out.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues and project management team members.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED/International Equivalent + 3-5 years relevant experience in purchasing, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferred: college degree in related field; experience in civil construction, especially waterworks.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Applies knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations.
- Able to interpret customer needs, assesses requirements and identifies solutions to non-standard requests.
- Able to solve moderately complex problems; take a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Able to effectively manage own time to meet agreed targets; develop plans for their own short-term work activities.
- Able to communicate with others effectively and fluently in English (aural/verbal/written); explain difficult issues and establish consensus. Preferred: English/Spanish bilingual.
- Able to handle conflict professionally and work on a variety of teams .
- Familiarity with how an ERP system works, especially the P2P aspect. Preferred: Prior experience with Foundation software or similar product (i.e., JD Edwards, SAP, etc.)
- Strong web sourcing skills.
- Working knowledge with Wage Determinations, State and Federal Acquisition Regulations, and Uniform Commercial Code.
- Intermediate computer/software experience: use of Windows OS; MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel). Preferred: Access.
- Able to use a variety of standard office equipment: phone, fax, scanner, printer, copier.
- As a condition of employment, must be willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and complete a pre-employment drug test.
- May be required to work additional hours to accomplish tasks.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable performance of essential job functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is…
- Frequently – Remains in stationary positions (standing, sitting); uses near/distance/color vision and adjust focus; use speech and hearing to communicate; use hands/fingers to handle or feel.
- Occasionally – Walks, stoops, kneels, crouches, balances (including on uneven/unstable surfaces);
- Occasionally – Crawls, climbs stairs/ladders, carries or lifts (documents, plans, equipment, materials).
Total Civil Construction & Engineering, LLC, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer:
Minorities, Females, Disabled Veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.
Total Civil Construction is proud to be an E-Verify Employer and Drug-Free Workplace.