Business Development Associate
For over 35 years Clippers, LLC has provided exemplary services to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. Clippers, LLC is a multi-million-dollar, award winning commercial landscape business with more than 130 employees on staff. The company is insured and possesses requisite landscape certifications. Our mission from the beginning has always been to provide exceptional landscape services that build long term relationships.
The Business Development Associate is responsible for the sales growth within their branch/ assigned territory. In conjunction with company leaders, the Business Development Associate will work to develop and implement sales strategies for their market. This individual will perform activities such as prospecting, leading sales opportunities, generating company awareness through association involvement, use of social media, and other activities as required to generate sales.
To successfully fulfill this position, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, not all inclusive, of the skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions required for this job.
New Business Development:
- Develop and coordinate new strategic customer sales and relationships through the generation of new leads and penetration of key accounts.
- Navigate target accounts at various levels to create opportunities with target organizations and properties
- Drive sales process from initial contact through strategy, proposal, presentation and successful conclusion of new business opportunities
- Exercise creativity and independent judgment in developing and evaluating sales and marketing strategies in selling broad portfolio of services within a defined market
- Identify needs and client business objectives to develop customer specific solutions for those needs
- Leverage resources from across company in order to deliver desired outcomes
- Take active role in representing Clippers in the marketplace and various industry organizations and events
- Develop and maintain customer data base of key information on target clients (organizational structure, key contacts, business strategy, etc)
- Meet, or exceed established new sales budgets.
- Ensure new customer accounts are successfully transitioned to the Operations Team
- Daily up keep of all sales tracking information in specified systems
- Daily up keep of individual monthly forecast planner
- Responsible for utilizing standard contract procedures, timely sign up, filing and billing
- Serve as the liaison between the customer and branch team during the client on boarding process
Desired Skills & Expertise
- Solution-based selling experience in which you have aligned and become a strategic solutions partner to uncover and fulfill client needs
- Experience in successfully building relationships and influencing key decisions makers (of all levels)
- Strategic sales planning and methodologies for securing large contracts
- Selling facility maintenance/ management, business support services, or business process outsourcing solutions
- Financial acumen in understanding client operations and developing cost effective solutions
- Demonstrating competitive drive and determination, and results to support
- Demonstrating strong written and oral communication skills, presentation skills, and computer skills
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, to include Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- High level of interpersonal skills to help foster and develop relationships that will continue to help grow the business base and create opportunities for future growth.
- Excellent planning, organizational and facilitation skills.
- Ability to generate customer solutions and proposals that are on point, creative, and that stay consistent with the brand image of the company.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to network with and facilitate the networking of large groups of company personnel with industry and trade contacts within the marketplace.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of prior sales experience within a relevant industry
- Minimum education of a four-year degree in a business-related field and/or equivalent experience
- Experience in selling to property/ facility management is preferred but not required
- Competitive salary and total compensation package
- Paid time off
- Medical and dental insurance
Rarely = less than 10%
Occasionally = up to 33%
Frequently = up to 66%
Continuously = 67% to 100%
Range of Motion
Hearing – Speech Range
Sense of Touch
Climbing On/Off Truck
Lifting Up to 10 lbs.
Lifting Over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs.
Lifting Up to 50 lbs.
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at 1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.
An equal opportunity employer, including disabled and vets.