Regularly and customarily performs a variety of duties pertaining to the operation, maintenance, repair and modification of Company buildings and to the facilities, equipment and grounds associated therewith. This includes such work as the following illustrative duties, together with other related and incidental work:
1. Does electrical repair and construction work such as replacing lamps and associated equipment; making minor repairs and additions to wiring and wiring equipment; checking motors and replacing damaged motors with like units; checking circuits, voltages and loads.
2. Does mechanical repair and construction work such as checking and lubricating mechanical equipment and motors, including elevators, overhead doors, fans, heat pumps and industrial heaters.
3. Does plumbing repair and construction work such as checking pumps for packing tightness, cleaning traps, valving off leaks, making minor repairs and additions to plumbing system.
4. Does building repair and construction such as repairs to or relocation of partitions; replacing floor tiles, cleaning and replacing ceiling tiles and sections; repairing furniture; doing minor painting work on buildings and contents.
5. Installs, repairs and performs maintenance work on heat pumps and air conditioning compressors and equipment, such as adding gas and replacing control accessories.
6. Operates automotive equipment, emergency gasoline or diesel powered generators, building maintenance equipment such as power mowers, power sweepers, vacuum cleaners, and does minor repairs on all such equipment.
7. Directs the work of and instructs others assigned to assist.
Must have successfully completed sixty (60) credit hours of study in electrical or refrigeration/air conditioning and plumbing from an accredited trade or technical school; OR must currently hold a valid Master Electrician license, Plumber license or a certified license in Refrigeration/Air Conditioning.
Experience demonstrating skill performing electrical work to include:
- checking motors and replacing damaged motors with similar units, and
- checking circuits, voltages, and loads.
Experience demonstrating skill installing, troubleshooting, repairing, and/or maintaining heat pumps and air conditioning compressors and equipment.
Ability and willingness to work extended hours (including holidays and weekends) with little or no notice and on-call during storms and system emergencies.
Ability and willingness to travel to various work locations.
Ability and willingness to work in a variety of work environments including outdoors in all weather conditions, on or around energized electrical equipment, in confined spaces and in noisy and dirty environments with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
Ability and willingness to perform physically challenging tasks for extended periods of time (for example, lifting up to 50 pounds, entering/exiting manhole covers, climbing ladders and scaffolding, bending, twisting, kneeling, crawling, pulling/pushing, standing, walking, and squatting).
Ability and willingness to adhere to safety regulations and policies and to wear and use safety equipment as required by Federal, State, Local, and Company regulations.
Ability and willingness to perform a second role in accordance with PH's Emergency Preparedness Guidelines for all employees.
Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Must successfully pass the Criminal History Background Check which consists of a 7-year criminal records check for felony convictions.
This position is a NERC Regulated position. As such, a background check will be conducted on incumbent every seven years. Additionally, the incumbent will be required to complete annual NERC compliance training.
Must successfully pass a Medical Screening to include a drug test.
Experience demonstrating skill making minor repairs and additions to wiring and wiring equipment.
Experience demonstrating skill instructing or assisting others.
Experience demonstrating skill performing plumbing work such as checking pumps for packing tightness, cleaning traps, valving off leaks, and making repairs and additions.
Experience demonstrating skill performing mechanical work such as checking and lubricating mechanical equipment and motors (for example, overhead doors, exhaust fans and industrial heaters).
Experience demonstrating skill performing building repairs and construction work such as repairing and/or relocating partitions; replacing floor tiles, cleaning and replacing ceiling tiles and sections; repairing furniture; and painting and constructing walls).
Experience demonstrating skill performing minor repairs on and/or operating automotive and/or building maintenance equipment (for example, emergency gasoline or diesel powered generators, power mowers, power sweepers, vacuum cleaners, snow blowing equipment).