Advocating an integrated design-build model, Kirlin Design Build (KDB) combines in-house engineering and BIM coordination capabilities with self-performed construction, prefabrication, and commissioning to successfully provide customers a single-source solution. KDB's single-source, or turn-key, approach to design-build delivery is ideally suited for difficult and complex projects because the majority of services related to the project's mechanical scope of are performed in-house. By providing most of the services in-house, we can better control costs, coordination, schedule, and commissioning, while being more responsive to ownership concerns and requirements during the design and construction processes, the owner ultimately receives a better end result.
KDB is looking for talented individuals who enjoy challenges to join the team. We are currently seeking for a BIM Coordinator.
- Create/setup mechanical and plumbing Revit models for projects and apply Company Revit project template for fabrication.
- Maintain and update Revit model project shared parameters, systems, Revit/CAD links, worksheets and view templates.
- Create project specific Revit families and verify they load and work properly in the model.
- Apply and create Company standard duct/pipe systems and update materials for correct duct/pipe system routes.
- Create sheets in the Revit model (overall plans, area plans, details, sections, schedules, diagrams) and coordinate with design team for submission milestones and other BIM submission requirements.
- Export models for coordination in Navis and/or VR. Run clash coordination.
- Save and make Revit model available for coordination using the Revit server or BIM360.
- Document Revit model upload/download for model sharing with other discipline.
- Keep a model cleanup schedule to ensure continuous proper operation of the Revit models.
- Provides guidance and technical direction to the BIM/Design team.
- Setup Revit model ready for fabrication conversion.
- Create work order sheets, spool sheets, and shop drawings.
- Develop hanger and pipe support plan (design scheme) for shop fabricated support components.
- Integrate data extraction from the Revit model for field use like point location.
- Work with Foremen to identify and resolve construction issues.
- Work with Project Managers to identify and budget coordination/design related costs for change order proposals.
- Work with general contractor and subcontractors in developing coordination process, schedule and meeting structure.
- Schedule and conduct training sessions on Revit tips and tricks subjects on a monthly basis.
- Develop bill of material reports from the Revit Fabrication model and work with Purchasing Department on material orders.
- Manage spooling process daily, and prioritizes internal workload based on fabrication and construction activity requirements.
- Load third party fabrication software on staff workstations.
- Work with software developer on updates and improvements.
- Test software releases for errors and required modification of internal processes.
- Work with IT department on software upgrade scheduling and implementation.
- Troubleshoot BIM/CAD/Fab software issues and problems, and work with CAD Helpdesk vendor.
- Between contractors on each project. Ability to solve any immediate project issues.
- Ability to work with project managers, field workers and engineers. Build a good relationship with customers, other trades and within the company.
- Schedule and plan work to meet deadlines. Communicate plans effectively to team members.
- Keep up with software changes, new skill sets and technology.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures with particular attention paid to items that affect other employees.
- Help, support and communicate with all Company employees. Maintain a positive attitude and "sells" the Company at every opportunity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with building construction or field experience with at least 10 years hands on experience.
- Experience in mechanical design and construction.
- Knowledge of industry BIM/CAD standards and codes.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in 3D modeling with specific training in mechanical HVAC/piping and plumbing using Revit and AutoCAD, Navisworks, CADMEP and BIM360 a plus.
- Must possess a high level understanding of mechanical and plumbing systems, how they operate and relevant codes.
- Must be able to interpret architectural and structural design drawings at an expert level.
- Must be proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Clash Detection and Fabrication CADmep software platforms.
- Must be proficient in managing BIM projects on the Revit server and on Bim360Team hub.
- Must have a working knowledge on file sharing or file replication using ftp, box, and other cloud platforms.
- Expert in Revit family creation and process a strong skill in file organization and Revit library management.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Education Assistance Program
An Equal Opportunity Employer: EEO/Drug Free/M/F/Disability/Veterans