- MD |
- Jobs |
- Accounting Assistant - Germantown
Accounting Assistant - Germantown
We are looking to hire an Accounting Assistant to support our client in Germantown, MD. Candidate must possess excellent organization, analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
Basic Functions and Responsibilities:
- Provide a full range of accounting support.
- Organize and maintain both electronic and physical document files.
- Deliver monthly reports with financial statistics.
- Process weekly payroll to include Certified Payroll and other related compliance Reports
- Interface with internal staff and external customers as well as vendors.
- Act as internal liaison and develop structure to assist in prioritizing departmental projects.
- Enter information into Accounting Software as directed by Accounting manager to include employee information and pay-rate information.
- Maintain and update employee and customer account databases.
- Responsible for reviewing information for projects to include contacts, proposal/scope of work description, active projects, project related insurance information.
- Other support and administrative activities as needed for Accounting department
- Associates Degree or currently enrolled in a degree program relating to finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience providing accounting administrative support
- Experience with Bookkeeping and Quickbooks required
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bilingual English/Spanish is a plus